Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Boot after Yosemite 10.10.2 Update

I know this has been a problem for Mac users with 3rd-party SSD drives, but my 2014 Retina iMac is using an Apple-installed SSD. Here's what happened: Updated from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2 and instead of rebooting as normal the progress bar stops at less than 50% and I get the "No" icon (circle with a line through it).

I've tried just about every fix posted about this problem including:

• SMC reset

• PRAM reset

• Changed Active Directory setting

• Deleted System Configuration preferences

• Repaired Permissions and rebuilt the directory using Disk Utility and Disk Warrior

• Tried Trim Enabler kext change

• Tried Kext Utility

• Reinstalled 10.10.2 using Recovery

Nothing worked. (I did all my troubleshooting using an external HD boot system with OS 10.10.1 installed)

I just can't believe Apple would release something so trouble-filled after all the complaints about the original Yosemite.

Does anybody have a fix other than doing a complete erase and reinstall? I do not use Time Machine but have an older back-up via Super Duper.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel Duo Core 2.66MHz

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:35 AM

5 replies

Cannot Boot after Yosemite 10.10.2 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.