Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop compatible with Macbook Pro 15" 2009

Hi there,

Anyone know if the above are compatible?

Also, if I get the Seagate thunderbolt enclosure, can I run an SSD drive with it to use as an external HD.

I need fairly fast speeds between drives for audio apps and thinking SSD in enclosure surely makes the better HD?

But maybe I'm missing something...

Cheers

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:16 AM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 4:23 AM in response to abiah22

That drive will work but there are some realities that you must take into consideration.

Your MBP suppoetrs only SATA 2 speeds so full SSD potential will not be achieved. SATA 3 would be required.

There is no Thunderbolt port on a 2009 MBP so a Thunderbolt enclosure will be essentially pointless. The best external speeds will be via Firewire.

Ciao.

Mar 5, 2015 4:49 AM in response to abiah22

thanks guys,

The Thunderbolt options is for a different computer, a Macbook Retina, which should work as far as I know.

Since I cannot upgrade the Macbook Retina and am stuck on something around 250GB HD, I will need an external.

What are the best options there? Is the SSD in an enclosure with thunderbolt going to be the speediest?

Looked at Glyph and G-Tech as well as Lacie already (though Glyph lacks the thunderbolt)

Cheers

Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop compatible with Macbook Pro 15" 2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.