Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network name and password

I have wirelessly extended my network from a airport express base station to include an airport time capsule. I'm wondering can I create a whole new network name and password coming from the time capsule without affecting the network name and password coming from the express

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:45 AM

Sorry, but no. When you extend using wireless, the "extenders" always use the same wireless network name and password as the main router. There is no option to change this.

You could do what you ask if the if the devices are connecting together using an Ethernet cable, but the cable would have to remain permanently connected at all times.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 5:45 AM in response to kristy arneson

Sorry, but no. When you extend using wireless, the "extenders" always use the same wireless network name and password as the main router. There is no option to change this.

You could do what you ask if the if the devices are connecting together using an Ethernet cable, but the cable would have to remain permanently connected at all times.

Network name and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.