Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple wireless keyboard got wet a year ago i sprayed the cleaning spray on it some of the keys are working but some of the keys aren"t working. it got sprayed a year ago What should i do??? Can it be recovered plz tell?

I sprayed it a year ago i really like the keyboard and i really need it can it be recovered??? My apple wireless keyboard got wet a year ago i sprayed the cleaning spray on it some of the keys are working but some of the keys aren"t working. it got sprayed a year ago What should i do??? Can it be recovered plz tell?

iMac

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 4:58 AM

There is almost no chance it can be recovered, except at a cost far greater than a new keyboard. Once wet, spraying with a cleaner will not do any good and most likely will make the situation worse.

Best thing at this point is go to your Apple store, or the on-line store, and buy a new keyboard. Water damage is not covered by the warranty or AppleCare.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 4:58 AM in response to armaanbains

There is almost no chance it can be recovered, except at a cost far greater than a new keyboard. Once wet, spraying with a cleaner will not do any good and most likely will make the situation worse.

Best thing at this point is go to your Apple store, or the on-line store, and buy a new keyboard. Water damage is not covered by the warranty or AppleCare.

My apple wireless keyboard got wet a year ago i sprayed the cleaning spray on it some of the keys are working but some of the keys aren"t working. it got sprayed a year ago What should i do??? Can it be recovered plz tell?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.