Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my daughter's iPod touch is disabled and I cannot connect to iTunes

My daughter's iPod went crazy the other day making noises (she was no where around) and when I found it the message said that the iPod was Disabled and that it should be connected to iTunes.I tried this and it said that it might need an upgrade and possibly to be restored. I clicked ok but it only got so far through the software upload before it returned to Disabled. I did a little searching and tried the connect while holding the home button thinking this would work but alas - no joy! I've repeated this and gone in circles looking at discussions and now discovered that I cannot even turn off the iPod (with the slider) I held done the home button and on/off, restarted and then... you guessed it, disabled. Any help?

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1.1, also for iPad

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:19 AM

3 replies

Mar 8, 2015 6:06 PM in response to bushflower

Thank you both for your replies. I had tried recovery mode but it didn't actually do the trick. I kept researching and found by holding the power button and home button and resetting the whole iPod I got a result. My daughter was happy to start the iPod as a new one rather than backing up an old one from 2012!!! We've since had a lesson on making current backups! Thanks again. Problem now solved.

my daughter's iPod touch is disabled and I cannot connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.