Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Projects stored on external hard drive not updating for new FCP 10.1.4

Hi, I've recently updated FCP to 10.1.4 from 10.1.3 (I think!). It automatically updated the projects and events that were stored on my laptop, however, it wouldn't update the projects and files that are stored on my external hard drive...and I really need to access them! Has anyone had this problem or knows how to rectify it?

I tried the obvious; File, Update Projects and Events, Locate.... However, it doesn't allow me to select the files I want to update.

Please help!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:36 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 6:04 AM in response to sophia800

If you went from 10.1.3, then you don't update projects and events, you update the library, and you don't use the update projects and events function. Simply double click the library, and you'll get a message warning you that the library is going to be updated. If that's not what you seeing when you double click the library on the external drive, post a screen shot of what you do see. Or are you updating projects and events that were created in much older versions of FCP, 10.0.9 or earlier?

Projects stored on external hard drive not updating for new FCP 10.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.