Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Storage Fluctuating While Plugged In

Hi

I have recently updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 8.1.3 and have noticed that when my phone is plugged in (to the wall or to a laptop) my remaining storage starts to fall to zero. You can see it fall by about 50mb at a time if you go in and out of the usage setting. This then causes the phone to pop up saying storage is almost full and affects performance causing some apps to crash when opening.

Once I unplug and reboot the phone the storage goes back up to 1.1GB remaining.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:48 PM

Hello feneey87,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. If you have unaccounted for storage usage when your iPhone is plugged in, you may want to try the following portion of this article (the article is addressing a slightly different issue, but the instructions may still be useful in this case):

If your device gets stuck during startup

When starting up, you might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time, or your device might restart again. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 2:48 PM in response to feneey87

Hello feneey87,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. If you have unaccounted for storage usage when your iPhone is plugged in, you may want to try the following portion of this article (the article is addressing a slightly different issue, but the instructions may still be useful in this case):

If your device gets stuck during startup

When starting up, you might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time, or your device might restart again. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

iPhone Storage Fluctuating While Plugged In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.