Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't know where to turn or who to ask

Hello Guys.

I am new here and not sure what the protocol is so bare with me.

I have recently some across a dilemma and then a discovery. Back story as quick as possible if i can.

I have a burning question if anyone has the answer. I have been stuck for the past few months on how to redo my current setup (two new monitors, I big one and a smaller second). For the past few weeks I have been using two window to get familiar with the idea of one big monitor or 21:9 cause ultimately what I need is one for browsing and one for watching youtube or my streams. magic happened the other day with i opened a link for youtube and it made just that window full screen "kind of" which is heaven to me, I can't seem to reproduce it. Does anyone know why this happened User uploaded file

and this here is what i would normally look like, if I hit the theater mode naturally.

User uploaded file

so does anyone know or ever have this happened.

I just had a idea while I was doing this (https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0) here is the link to the video which should recreate the phenomena for you too.

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:53 AM

4 replies

Mar 8, 2015 11:05 AM in response to a brody

brody I thank you for your reply but i think you may of missed what happened.

Under normal circumstances the two options only do (a) make the video "full screen" which take up your entire monitor and overwrites any other windows (b) makes the player slightly larger "as can be seen in the second picture provided". In this instance the player took up the full second window but not the full screen. The link i provided above should do the same thing for you, I was trying to figure out why or what setting made it do that.

Mar 9, 2015 2:06 PM in response to Ranger175

Were you attempting to screen-span so both would panorama the same image as one?

This kind of effect varied after Mountain Lion, as with Mavericks each screen will have

a menu bar and dock; there is or was a way (in Mavericks) to work around this issue to

some extent in settings. I found one reference initially, that tells about how to do this,

but I caution there are several items one may click on in their page, but do not...

How you accidentally happened across a desired effect (and your description was lost

on me; the images don't explain it) may not be helped by the following; but the settings

are where these options would be available. Perhaps not so in Yosemite, though.

http://www.imore.com/how-span-window-between-two-displays-mavericks

Other methods or better instructions should be available to compare, & see what works.

There is this shareware product SwitchResX; not sure that'd help you:

http://www.madrau.com/index.html

In any event...

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Mar 10, 2015 5:54 AM in response to K Shaffer

Thank for your help and thanks for the comments but it's ok no I guess. I would like to know how to reproduce this result though.

Shaffer heres what happened.

On a single monitor I was using two windows to get familiar with they style since I was considering getting a 21:9 monitor, the soul purpose being able to use two windows having the ability to "split" one into full screen but have it only take up half the screen, since dual monitors would solve that issue rather quick. The above accidentally happened as I was opening a link shared to me when exactly what I wanted happened. I have never seen this happen since or before and figured it was something that can easily be reproduced. Ultimately i'm just going to replace my current monitor with two new Dells but like i mentioned, if reproducing that is possible then it's something I would like to have in my arsenal.

I don't know where to turn or who to ask

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.