Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset just setting without losing all my info?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:37 AM

7 replies

Mar 5, 2015 7:25 AM in response to Phil0124

Well I'm having issues connecting to wifi here at work and my phone used to be able to do this no problem. So last night I get a new phone and it's doing the same thing. I just tried doing the reset and that didn't work either. I tried a bunch of stuff yesterday and nothing changed it. It tells me either unable to join or network error. No one else here has a problem with this but me. I really thought it was something I changed on my old phone setting wise and that when my son transferred all my contacts etc that it copied my settings as well.

Mar 5, 2015 7:40 AM in response to Dottegirl

Yes, when your iphone was restored your settings would have been copied as well.

Network settings are specifically cleared by using Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

if you continue to have problems check to make sure that you are connecting to the correct network and have the current, correct password. Perhaps the password has been changed. Checking with whoever does network support at work could certainly help. Also check to see if you need to have the MAC address of your iPhone entered into your work WiFi routers.

Good luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.