Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo folders on iCloud

Hi and hope you can help!

I am trying to organise my photos into albums and folders to share among my devices but I cannot seem to find a way. Maybe what I am trying to do is simply not possible 😟 Here is the info to see if anyone can help me!!

1. I have a Mac, two ipads and two iphones

2. My Mac is running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 and the two ipads (Air 2) and iphones (6 and 6 plus) are running iOS 8.

3. I am an event planner and have thousands of photos stored in my Mac, which are categorized into subfolders, for example:

A. Venues

aa. Hotels

aaa. Hotel x

aab. Hotel y

aac. Hotel z

ab. Villas

aba. Villa x

abb. Villa y

abc. Villa z

ac. Restaurants

aca. Restaurant x

acb. Restaurant y

acc. Restaurant z

etc etc

4. I would like to be able to share my folders and subfolders among all my devices

5. I would like all devices to get updated when the Mac folders are updated

IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO THIS?!?!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:08 AM

Hi samlago,

you've already answered your own question, at least if you're trying to do that via iCloud. No, this type of photo management is not possible via iCloud, but other solution are. You could create such a folder structure via Dropbox and use that or you should have a look at file transporter (this would be then your own personal cloud storage solution).

With kind regards,

David

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 7:08 AM in response to samlago

Hi samlago,

you've already answered your own question, at least if you're trying to do that via iCloud. No, this type of photo management is not possible via iCloud, but other solution are. You could create such a folder structure via Dropbox and use that or you should have a look at file transporter (this would be then your own personal cloud storage solution).

With kind regards,

David

Mar 5, 2015 7:55 AM in response to samlago

The new Photos.app will be able to store a photo library in iCloud, and allow you to define smart albums based on keywords.

If you tag all your photos with keywords, you could have smart albums based on keyword "Hotels", "Villas", "aaa. Hotel x" etc. These albums will automatically update if you add a keyword to a new photo, and the smart albums will automatically be the same on all your devices that are using iClous Photo Library.

If you wait a little longer, until the new Photos.app will be available for the Mac as well, you may get what you want for free.

Photo folders on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.