Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AVRCP 1.4 on ipod nano 7 ?

I bought an Ipod nano 7 and a Pioneer DEH-X5700BT for playing wireless music in my car. The problem is that i cannot browse trough playlists etc. via bluetooth, just play/pause/song name etc. From wikipedia i noticed that this is the difference between AVRCP 1.3 from 1.4. Then, i noticed that my windows phone will browse trought playlists so my Pioneer player has AVRCP 1.4 compatibility. With an iphone it works with all the features.

From apple support i read this :

IPOD :

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)

With this profile, you can remotely control playback functions on the iPod nano from compatible devices (commonly Bluetooth devices that use the A2DP profile). iPod nano works with the pause, play, stop, next track, and previous track commands.

IPHONE :

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.4)

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile allows remote control of playback functions on the iOS device from compatible devices (commonly Bluetooth devices that use the A2DP profile). The latest version of iOS supports these commands:

• Pause
  • Play
  • Stop
  • Next track
  • Previous track
  • Browsing*

So, my new ipod doesn't have AVRCP 1.4 and and old iphone 4s has ? Can/will a future update for the ipod solve this problem ? Any other solution ?

Thank you.

iPod nano

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:43 AM

There are no replies.

AVRCP 1.4 on ipod nano 7 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.