Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to sync my iPod with my Surface Pro 3. Does anybody know how to fix this? Please share

I've been able to download iTunes Version 12.1.1. I'm just wondering if i should get a new mp3 player since I've read that it's difficult to sync iPods with Surface Pros.

iPod nano

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:47 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 6:26 PM in response to missellyne

Since the Surface Pro 3 is effectively a standard Windows 8.1 system with a "tablet" form factor it should be fine (I don't have one - yet - but I know people who are using the Pro 3 with iTunes/iPods without problems).

You may be encountering an issue that occurs with the last two releases of iTunes - 12.1.0.71 and 12.1.1.4 are (unlike previous "64-bit" versions of iTunes) full 64-bit applications - prior to 12.1 most "64-bit" versions were actually 32-bit applications with a 64-bit installer. Many users have encountered issues with the 64-bit version of 12.1 - less so with 12.1.1.4, but it appears that there are some remaining incompatibilities/inconsistencies with some 64-bit Windows systems. Even though I've not seen this reported specifically for the Surface Pro 3, it may be worth trying this alternative installer: iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards). The "for older video cards" label is a little misleading, since although this does resolve a video compatibility issue that iTunes detects when first run it is actually the same architecture as pre-12.1 releases (32-bit applications with a 64-bit installer).

You don't say that you've actually had sync problems or are just concerned that you might ... if the former, posting back more details of symptoms may be useful. For example, if you connect your iPod does it show up in iTunes? If not, there may be specific resolutions that could work rather than using the "for older video cards" version - see iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

I'm unable to sync my iPod with my Surface Pro 3. Does anybody know how to fix this? Please share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.