Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 6 64GB and doesn't vibrate?

I just bought this phone 48 hours ago; haven't dropped it or gotten it wet or left it in the cold. I updated iOS to 8.1.3 and while the "Vibrate on Ring/Silent" options are enabled, I do not get any sort of vibration feedback from the device. Even when trying to create my own vibrate pattern and hit "Play" after recording it, nothing.

I can't say for sure if the phone was like this before I updated to 8.1.3, but I'm hoping that I wont have to bring a brand new device in for service.

I've tried soft reset and hard reset. I've backed up my data, but don't really have the time to do a system restore at the moment.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 6:26 AM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 7:07 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

I thought I would have to factory reset via iTunes. Now that I'm aware of a system restore via the iPhone, itself, I will do the restore now.

Will comment back once it finishes.

Edit: I finished resetting the device and with a new setup (only logged in to my Apple ID) the vibration still does not work. Double checked Settings for "Vibrate on Ring/Silent" and both are enabled.

New iPhone 6 64GB and doesn't vibrate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.