Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network User - iMovie 10.0.5 - Auto-Redirect the Movie Library to a shared directory on Local drive

I've over 100 users, all under 13 years old who would like to use iMovie to develop their skills. Since our network was upgraded to Mavericks and the iMovie upgraded to 10.0.5, iMovie wouldn't start. Since this issue came to light, I've managed to get the application to load by pressing 'Alt' while executing the iMovie App from the dock. I have to go through this process of creating a NEW Library located on the Local drive before stating any projects, for each user and its becoming a pain as the users change every two months.

Is there a script I can incorporate or something I can add to the Server that will tell iMovie to automatically create the library in the Locally Shared location rather than manually adding this modification each time?

I've looked at a few old options for iMove 9 etc, but they don't go into enough detail as to where these scrips are to be stored or who actually activates the script. Any help would be great...

Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Server, network, iMovie 10.0.5

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:03 AM

There are no replies.

Network User - iMovie 10.0.5 - Auto-Redirect the Movie Library to a shared directory on Local drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.