Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s, trying to clear space - I delete all mail trash and it still says there is 1.2gb of mail and attachments. Help!

iPhone 5s, trying to clear space - I delete all mail trash and it still says there is 1.2gb of mail and attachments. Help!

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:05 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 2:35 PM in response to Chuck in NJ

Hello Chuck in NJ,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. If you have unaccounted for data associated with your Mail app, you may want to try the following portion of this article (the article is addressing a slightly different issue, but the instructions may still be useful in this case):

If your device gets stuck during startup

When starting up, you might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time, or your device might restart again. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.