Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

collect service in the UK with DHL and complaints process

So I have had issues with my retina Macbook Pro (I have Applecare) for several months and after trying to repair in store have decided to use their collect service (outsourced to Group 8)

The reason why I could not bother with in-store service is that it was so difficult to get an appointment in London and once I finally managed and went there, I was told that they did not have the part in and would need to order it. After four days of not hearing from them, as they promised to do once the part arrived, I got frustrated and arranged click and collect.

When arranging the collection an Apple rep told to put in a secure box and then DHL would collect it. Fed house later I got a call from Group 8 (Apple's official repair centre) and told me that DHL will bring a box where I would need to put the rMBP and give it to the driver. So, later that day I god SMS from Group 8 stating hat DHL will collect from 8am to 6pm the next day - fine, not great, but fine. So next day around 12pm I call group 8 asking if they can be more specific about the time as I would like to go outside, but they could not, so I asked again how to package the rMBP as was told that I give the rMPB to the driver... So I have now three versions of the events.

Around 1:30pm DHL arrives when I am about to have a shower and I dress quickly and run downstairs. The driver seemed agitated and rushed and shoves me a box. I run inside and try to open the box which seems very stiff (good quality packaging I must say) so after 20 seconds I return the box and the driver shouts that I need to put labels on the box. So I said they are probably inside and the guy opened the box and finds the labels and puts them on and leaves. I am left with no proof of collections, but I did sign for the delivery.

Suspecting problems from the start I wanted to take some photos as proof that I put the laptop in the box I took some photos. Satisfied that I did everything correctly I went to take my wife's rMBP to continue work on her machine.

BUT, in my horror I still had my computer on the desk. I accidentally put my wife's rMBP in the box / :

Now, I know its my responsibility to ship correct computer - it is sort of obvious. BUT, I did not receive correct instruction on the phone and despite asking I did not receive any instruction by email. It was little confusing. BUT, the main thing was that the collection was really rushed and I did not have time to think. It was perhaps 30 seconds and the DHL guy seemed agitated and rushed.

So my wife is in tears and I am obviously not happy either. I call group 8 who say they will investigate and call me back which they did. They said that the driver will not come back as it was not on his way. They told me that DHL will come again the next day to swap the machines.

I then decided to call Apple to inform about the situation and after a brief conversation I was passed to Customer Relations EMEA. After explaining my situation the rep told me that it was basically my fault and they will try to help me. They also contacted Group 8 and said that they will return my computer once they receive it. He was quite arrogant and made me feel like they are doing me a favour by returning my wife's computer. I was not able to make a complaint, as the rep said that I will not get a response.

So now, my wife's computer is somewhere, and she is really upset. Nobody is taking responsibility for the computer. So who is legally responsible if this will get lost?

Why is apply using a 3rd party supplier to do this and why is the DHL rushing so much!

I know, at the core, this is my mess. But I think the process is overly complicated with the customer being blamed at the end of the day for any issues.

ps. it seems Apple don't was people writing about these issues as there is no category in the community relating to product support, or apple care and I could not find any information about similar issues online.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:27 AM

1 reply

collect service in the UK with DHL and complaints process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.