Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade safari 5.1.10

Have Snow Leopard. Need to upgrde Safari. Was suggested to upgrade to Yosemite. Tried but cannot. Solution, please.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:37 AM

13 replies

Mar 5, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.28f3

Serial Number (system): W881305CYP4

Hardware UUID: 200070FB-75F1-5ABC-A7E1-6C73E123CB02

Mar 5, 2015 8:26 AM in response to nancy-Ron Lindsay__

If you prefer to use Safari and need a newer version to load the sites you visit you will need to upgrade OS X.

Your MBP can be upgraded to Yosemite which will give you Safari 8.0.3.

If will not support any PPC code, so if you have any of the very old PowerPC coded applications that you are currently using, they will need to be upgraded prior to upgrading the operating system.

Mar 6, 2015 3:56 AM in response to nancy-Ron Lindsay__

I am NOT a fan of anything Google.

Plus, their privacy policies and practices (or lack thereof) stink.

Google apps, like Chrome AND Google Drive are serious Mac and OS X resource hogs and tend to slow down the normal performance of OS X.

If you find both your Internet and your Mac slowing down over a period of time, it's probably due to the use of Google Chrome.

I would just stick with FireFox which has a lot better performance and support on the Mac and has been around for a very long time (since very early 2000’s) which Google Chrome has not.

I have, also, stopped using the Google search engine regularly and have switched to using DuckDuckGo as my preferred search engine.

upgrade safari 5.1.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.