Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

export photo from photoshop elements into iPhoto

how to export pic from photoshop elements into iPhoto

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 8:52 AM

11 replies

Nov 26, 2016 1:11 PM in response to LarryHN

Ok, iPhoto is an Apple product. Agreed! Now consider the following situation: Somebody worked til now with Adobe Photo Shop Elements. Now he thinks about switching to iPhoto. I think, this is something Apple would like to see. Of course, our customer would like to import his albums to iPhoto in a way that all work that went into tagging, album creation, staples and so forth does not get lost. Now our customer has two options: asking Adobe or asking Apple how to do that. Our customer would not expect much help from Adobe, why should they tell him how to leave Adobe in an effective way? Apple instead might have an interest to help our customer, because it would be a new customer for them. So our customer contacts the Apple forum, he is happy to get an answer by somebody on the impressive level 10, but then it turns out that this answer is anything but helpful. If I were Apple, I would not pay our level 10 guy any longer.

Nov 26, 2016 11:56 AM in response to dosdo

Duh!

iPhoto is an apple product

Adobe PhotoShop Elements Organizer which you ask for help with is an Adobe Product

Can I also export to iphoto the whole structure from Photoshop Elements Organizer (folders, staples, tags...)?

As previously answered you can not export from anything to iPhoto - you export to the desktop and then import into iPHoto

You'll need to export/save a full sized copy to the Desktop, import the file from there to iPhoto and then delete the copy on the Desktop.

LN

Nov 26, 2016 3:50 PM in response to dosdo

1 - Apple is not here and not one here is paid one cent

2 - this is a user to user support forum for iPhoto for Mac manned only by volenteers

3 - you are getting paid to help your customer so why are you attacking others who explain for free how to get the answers that you are then selling to your customer - your kink of consultant should not be in the business since you have no knowledge but use free forums to sell your services - really bad form - and then you have the nerve to attack people you give you free answers - really bad form

And you are doing your customer a giant disservice charging them consulting rates to move to an obsolete program which has not been supported for approaching two years - again really, really bad form from a consulting who knows nothing about what they are selling

LN

Nov 26, 2016 4:02 PM in response to dosdo

Now he thinks about switching to iPhoto. I think, this is something Apple would like to see.

Probably not. iPhoto is no longer developed or sold. Apple have end-of-life'd it a couple of years ago. It's a dead end.

Of course, our customer would like to import his albums to iPhoto in a way that all work that went into tagging, album creation, staples and so forth does not get lost. Now our customer has two options: asking Adobe or asking Apple how to do that.

No, actually the customer has one option: he or she needs to ask both. He or she needs to ask Adobe how to export from Elements to the Finder will all this extra data. Then he or she needs to ask Apple how to import - which is very easy: drag and drop.

Our customer would not expect much help from Adobe, why should they tell him how to leave Adobe in an effective way? Apple instead might have an interest to help our customer, because it would be a new customer for them.

A: Because exporting from an app is basics and there are many reasons why someone would want to export from an app that are not actually migrating from it.

B: Given that Apple have ceased development of iPhoto... but you see how your scheme is inaccurate and I probably don't need to spell it out anymore.

If I were Apple, I would not pay our level 10 guy any longer.

And if you read the terms of use you agreed to when you signed up to the forum you'd realise that this too is based on an inaccurate assumption.

The process is simple: Export from Elements to the Finder. The specific export settings you need for Elements are the province of the makers of that app. The import settings are the responsibility of the makers of the new app. Drag and drop.

Nov 27, 2016 12:02 AM in response to Ralphpete

Apple is not here? The URL tells me something else. Anyway, I am not a consultant, with "customer" I meant myself as a customer of Adobe and Apple. I wanted to describe the situation in a more general way. Sorry, I should have kept it more simple, after I had learned from your second response that your ability to understand irony is rather limited. So why are you not a volunteer who is independent from Apple? Just read your first response again: This is typical standardized and meaningless corporate template writing. Its only purpose is to close a case and get rid of a request. No real volunteer would ever respond in such a way.

Nov 27, 2016 9:47 AM in response to dosdo

Why are you being so nasty to the originator of this topic. He's just looking for help here.

Also as you've already been told iPhoto is a dead end app. Apple stopped supporting it over a year ago. Quit kicking a dead horse and have your customer either upgrade his system and get Photos or find another app, consumer or professional, that will do what he wants.

Not knowing what your customer wants I'll take a wild guess and suggest he look into Lyn, a consumer level photo management app. Or go the other direction and look into Media Pro SE. Both have demo versions.

export photo from photoshop elements into iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.