Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find my music in iCloud.

My iTunes library is backed up in iCloud. When I open an album in iTunes, I see the iCloud logo beside each song. However, upon attempting to load a song into my iPod, it says it must be downloaded from iCloud. Here's the problem: When I login to iCloud, no music appears at all. Absolutely none. If iTunes indicates that it's backed up to iCloud, and yet when I go to iCloud there is no music, what do I do?

iPod touch, iOS 5.1, Book app

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:52 PM

Hello wdrbbq,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you see your music in iTunes with the iCloud picture next to it, but are not able to sync it. Your purchased music is not backed up to iCloud, but rather your purchases remain available to you for download in the cloud.

iTunes 12 for Windows: iTunes in the Cloud overview

To get this music onto your iPod, you would need to download the music from iTunes in the Cloud to your iTunes library so that it can be moved to your iPod. To download your purchases in the cloud to your computer, please refer to the next attached article.

Download past purchases - Apple Support

If your iPod is an iPod touch, you can follow the instructions in the link above to download your music directly to your iPod as well.

Have a great day,

Joe

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 2:52 PM in response to wdrbbq

Hello wdrbbq,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you see your music in iTunes with the iCloud picture next to it, but are not able to sync it. Your purchased music is not backed up to iCloud, but rather your purchases remain available to you for download in the cloud.

iTunes 12 for Windows: iTunes in the Cloud overview

To get this music onto your iPod, you would need to download the music from iTunes in the Cloud to your iTunes library so that it can be moved to your iPod. To download your purchases in the cloud to your computer, please refer to the next attached article.

Download past purchases - Apple Support

If your iPod is an iPod touch, you can follow the instructions in the link above to download your music directly to your iPod as well.

Have a great day,

Joe

Mar 7, 2015 2:33 PM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks Joe. Your answer helped me out a lot. I didn't realize that I couldn't go directly to the Cloud and see my music. The problem arose when I tried to put a tune with the Cloud logo into my iPod via a playlist. It came back with a message to the effect that there was no audio file for that song and that it must be downloaded from iCloud. I found out by accident that I could just right click on the song or album and download it. I'm new to the cloud. Before I always made backup discs but my library is getting pretty large so it was either the Cloud or an external hard drive. Went for iTunes Match too. Thanks again.

I can't find my music in iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.