Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a problem with my app store

I bought a mac pro from my friend

I have managed to enter my account in all the places possible

in app store my account is logged in , but when update appears it asks for admin ID and password right in that

my friends ID is only displayed and i am not able to edit it

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 8:47 AM

6 replies

Mar 10, 2015 6:24 AM in response to Imp68

I'm not sure if you ever got this resolved, but it may be important to clarify for others, that simply removing the apps and buying them on your own Apple ID will resolve the issue, for the specific situation the original poster has. Given the computer he's using is 15 days old, it's likely running the original OS that came on it, which is likely Yosemite. This would NOT be tied to any Apple ID - it would be tied to the computer. Even doing a reinstall would not require an Apple ID.

Lets assume for a moment, that it came with Mavericks and was updated to Yosemite. While it would then appear under the original owner's purchases, the OS itself is still NOT tied to an Apple ID. This is a common misconception. The original poster could then just initiate a download of Yosemite while signed in with his Apple ID so it appears under their purchases. Then if a reinstall was needed from recovery, it would work, since they would have it on their Apple ID.

Now, what I've posted is not the ideal solution. Ideally, what Dah•veed posted is what should be done. But my solution will work.

i have a problem with my app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.