Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making a simple white solid title

I am sure some will laugh at the above question, but its driving me nuts. I am trying to create a simple white block title to overlay on some video. I have gone through every permutation and setting I can find and I simply can't make a title/ caption that is solid white, every type face comes out see through, i.e. non opaque. I cannot make any of them solid. I have slid every slider in every setting and every font with no success. I am sure the answer is blindingly obvious, but I just can't seem to find it.

Any help appreciated.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:22 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 9:36 AM in response to hartleyhare99

Do you mean the text itself being opaque or do you mean having an opaque background behind the text and covering the underlying video?

I have no trouble having the text completely opaque - for example, using the "Custom" title, without changing any parameters (except size, to make sure I was judging it right).

User uploaded file

If you want a solid opaque background to place behind the text, you can use a generator, resized as you wish - again, there is one generator also called "Custom" that can easily, er, customize...

User uploaded file

Making a simple white solid title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.