Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Msg: ..."five Apple IDs"

My daughter's phone is set up as a family member under my iTunes account. Her phone isn't synced with any other iTunes environment.

When I sync her phone, I get the following error message.

User uploaded file

Five Apple IDs ?????

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:48 AM

11 replies

Jun 2, 2015 3:21 AM in response to Too2ManyIDs

Hi, have you solved that issue? I have a similar one, Shared family content - can't install from iTunes. and I have used only one apple id, for my iPhone. Then I added my wife new iPhone to family sharing, she never purchased anything, her iTunes account is blank, and I synced a couple of apps from MY library, which worked perfectly. The day after iTunes was not able to sync apps anymore giving me that error message. I am able to download those already purchased apps from my wife's phone though.

Jun 3, 2015 7:04 PM in response to svkrzn

Downloading directly is the accurate way to state it.

All of our devices (5) download the updates as they become available from the iTunes store, while my local / central iTunes database (running on Windows) doesn't download anything unless I run it and process all outstanding updates.

I've also purchased new apps (over Wi-Fi) from the iTunes store using the device I want it loaded to (first). The other devices can download it from the app store since all purchases are tracked.

I've also started downloading iOS updates over Wi-Fi, since it appears I had some cable and / or security software issues when updating while connected to iTunes (or maybe it was just iTunes itself?). I also turned on Wi-Fi sync (neither of these two points are related to the "five Apple ID issue").

Overall, minimized the need for a local iTunes instance as much as possible.

Error Msg: ..."five Apple IDs"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.