Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth keyboard blocked by Keynote

I use ths trick when I'm running a show in a convention center. I'll have Powerpoint, Quicktime, and a PDF running. from the back of the room I can Cpmmand Tab between these programs to bring them forward when needed... but if Keynote is running... no go!

thanks

g

Mac mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 8:22 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 9:45 AM in response to George Mauro

Keynote does not "block" the keyboard, the full selection of functions are available when Keynote is in play or in edit mode.

but if Keynote is running... no go!

What does "no go" mean;? Does Keynote crash, keyboard commands do not action?

Command tab is not a trick, its called the Application Switcher, it swaps from the current application to the the next application in turn, it is a reliable and predictable OS X function and work with Keynote correctly.

You need to provide specific accurate information to find out whats happening.

Mar 5, 2015 10:59 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Well, you sort of answered my question in a roundabout way. When Keynote is running App Switch 'trick' doesn't work as it does when QT or PPT is running. Not a huge deal, most people at Stanford use PowerPoint anyway...just thought there may be a work around or preference setting. Keynote also doesn't have a keyboard shortcut to 'start from the beginning of deck' as PPT...

Thanks Gary

g

Mar 5, 2015 1:47 PM in response to George Mauro

When Keynote is running App Switch 'trick' doesn't work as it does when QT or PPT is running.

What precisely happens when switching from Keynote to the other application and switching back to Keynote?

I have never had any problems with application switcher when using Keynote so I'm intrigued why this isn't working for you.

When in play mode, Keynote is well known for not allowing other applications to be seen when using two displays (usually a local display and a projector).

Is thats what happens?

What displays are connected to the MacMini?

Keynote also doesn't have a keyboard shortcut to 'start from the beginning of deck' as PPT...

I find this very annoying, that would be a handy feature. I presume you meant to say from begging of presentation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.