Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i found an iphone it had a password how can i make it become mine

the other day i found an iphone, when i picked it up i tried to unlock it, but i ended up disabling it until it said "iphone is disabled connect to itunes" i know i have to connect to itunes but what do i do after?

someone had told me that i have to put in my sim card so i did

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 8:38 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 8:41 AM in response to kkiarax3

The device does not belong to you. It belongs to someone else, and I'll bet they are looking for it. The right thing to do is take the device to local law enforcement for them to check reports of stolen devices. Either way, you will not be able to use the device if it has the latest software on it due to Activation Lock. Without the previous owner, it cannot be unlocked by anyone.

Mar 5, 2015 8:44 AM in response to kkiarax3

kkiarax3 wrote:

the other day i found an iphone, when i picked it up i tried to unlock it, but i ended up disabling it until it said "iphone is disabled connect to itunes" i know i have to connect to itunes but what do i do after?

someone had told me that i have to put in my sim card so i did

You need to turn it in to local law enforcement. It's not your iPhone. You found it. In some jurisdictions, what you're doing is a crime. It's called 'theft by finding'. And if it's been reported as lost or stolen to either police, the carrier or with the Find My iPhone function, then that's even worse for you.

You don't get to automatically 'keep' found property. That's not how the world works, pal.

i found an iphone it had a password how can i make it become mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.