Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail says Gmail offline. It was fine until two days ago.

Mail says Gmail offline. It was fine until two days ago. I've tried everything I've found in these forums and in the larger online community. This has included deleting and re-entering the SMTP server data, ensuring my full user name (email) is being used, deleting and re-entering the Gmail account in Mail, and finally, deleting all email accounts in System Preferences and starting over. Nothing has succeeded.

Other mail accounts are okay and other devices (Android phone) receive Gmail without problems. OS is 10.8.5, all updates applied, on a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Help!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:53 PM

I found the answer. Go to this link https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833 .

In my case it was connected with "Trusted Computers". You'll see several links on the page for different devices and links to solutions for various versions of this problem.

2 replies

Mail says Gmail offline. It was fine until two days ago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.