Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i have snowleopard 10.6 will i be able to run a program that says it needs 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 ? the program sytem i want to run is pro tools 8.3.0. it staes it runs on the previous mentioned

I want to run pro tools 8.3.0 which states it needs to use snowleopard 10.6.1 or 10.6.2. if my mac has snowleopard 10.6 will this program run my pro tools?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:02 AM

9 replies

Mar 5, 2015 2:08 PM in response to Blackscandalmusic

Blackscandalmusic wrote:

the system i want to use says it needs to be 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 so upgrading to 10.6.8 will not work. I dont understand the differances between all the different systems , ie is 10.6 different to 10.6.1 ?? im a newby to mac systems, cheers.

10.6 is basic Snow Leopard, 10.6.1 is an update bringing minor improvements, 10.6.2 is an update to that, and so on. 10.6.8 is as high as it went. (Moving to Lion, 10.7.x, or above would be an upgrade.)

In general, something which requires 10.6.1 will run on anything up to 10.6.8, and you will get other advantages by moving to that suggested above (such as access to the Mac App Store).

Mar 5, 2015 2:56 PM in response to Blackscandalmusic

I do understand your concerns but believe me, if Kappy, Roger and Quick Timer Kirk say you can safely move to 10,6,8 via the links you have been given, then you can safely move. Understanding the difference between updates is something you learn over time but the link you have been given explains clearly at the beginning that the update is suitable for all users of Snow Leopard ... and you have Snow Leopard.

Enjoy it; it is an excellent OS.

if i have snowleopard 10.6 will i be able to run a program that says it needs 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 ? the program sytem i want to run is pro tools 8.3.0. it staes it runs on the previous mentioned

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.