Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcast about action figures (The Hottoycast) does not show up in searches. How can I fix this?

I have a podcast about action figures (The Hottoycast) yest does not show up in searches when I punch in 'action figures'.

What do I need to do in order for it to show up in searches. Right now it's in 'hobbies' but it's also hard to find there too.

Basically I need to optimise it so it shows up in more searches like "collectibles", "high-end", "pop culture", "movies", "tv", "toys".

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Podcast Maker-OTHER, Updating podcasts

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:44 AM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 1:54 PM in response to Eamon_

Searching on keywords, if that's what you're doing, has never really worked. As to searching just on the category in the iTunes Store, it's most unlikely to throw up your podcast. There are thousands of podcasts out there, and it would be quite impossible to display on one page the entire list for any category. What you see are 'featured' podcasts, chosen by Apple as being special; please see this Tech Note:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html#getfeatured

Note that there is no way you can influence the selection other than making your podcast really special.

Mar 6, 2015 6:45 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

The issue I have with all that is there are not many podcasts about action figure. When you search 'action figures', you see all of them on one page and still my does not show up.

In particular my podcast is specificially about High-end figures and we are the only podcast out there that does that. Not that i think it should be noteworthy or anything.

Regardless of it's speciality, I see no reason why it would not show up on a basic search especially if there are not that many other podcasts bout action figures and I have the term "action figure" in the description.

Also of note is that other podcast that have nothing to do with action figures show up in the same search just because they have the word 'action' or 'figure' in it.

So even those show up a yet mine which does not? I find that really strange.

My podcast about action figures (The Hottoycast) does not show up in searches. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.