Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Numbers, how can i change only the year in a date formatted column of data?

I'm using Numbers 3.5.2 on an iMac running Yosemite 10.10.2.

This column is a listing of dates tied to info that needs to happen on a particular date each year. Rather than re-key all the dates so the year advances to 2015, it would be great if I could change just the year for the entire column, leaving the day and month intact.

Thanks in advance for your help.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 8:41 AM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 6:11 PM in response to sethwilldo

If you already have a column of dates, and just want change the year in the entire column, rather than reenter the dates, then you could use a formula something like this:

User uploaded file

The formula in B2, copied down the column:

=DATE(YEAR(A2)+1,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))

Then select the new column, command-c to copy, and Edit > Paste Formula Results. The original column can then be deleted.

SG

Oct 15, 2016 7:08 AM in response to SGIII

SGIII has the correct, universal answer. However, this simpler quick & dirty formula will work for most cases:

=A2+365

If the current year is a leap year, you need to make this +366 for every date until March, but it's easy to check visually that the date displayed is or isn't the same, so you're unlikely to forget. If the target year is a leap year, adjust the other way.

In Numbers, how can i change only the year in a date formatted column of data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.