Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music from iTunes cannot be heard via Bluetooth-headspeakers

I'm using my Bluetooth-headspeakers successfully to hear music via the VLC-Media-Player,
the Windows-Media-Player. However listening to music via iTunes can only be
done via the built-in-speaker in my PC, not over the Bluetooth-headspeakers.

Are there special parameter settings to be done in iTunes to support Bluetooth-headspeakers or Bluetooth-devices?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hans M.

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:22 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 12:44 PM in response to Hans M

Make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime (7.7.6) installed - this seems to resolve most issues with Bluetooth playback with iTunes 12.1. You should also try varying the Play Audio Using setting under Edit > Preferences > Advanced (you'll need to restart iTunes for changes to take effect). Setting this to "Direct Sound" may address playback issues.

If neither of these correct the problem, there is an alternative installer here: iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) - the "for older video cards" label is a little misleading as (like most previous "64-bit" versions of iTunes) this is the 32-bit application with a 64-bit installer. Although the last two releases of iTunes (12.1.0.71 and 12.1.1.4) have been full 64-bit applications, there do appear to be a few remaining incompatibilities with some 64-bit Windows systems - though many of those encountered in 12.1.0.71 have been resolved in the most recent release.

Mar 5, 2015 11:40 PM in response to hhgttg27

Thank you so much, hhgttg27, for your very useful information!

° Yes, I do have QuickTime-7.7.6 installed.

° I do have the latest version iTunes-12.2.2.4 installed.

° I'm sorry, I have a German version of iTunes and I'm not so familiar with the English terms in it.

I have set on "Edit (Bearbeiten) > Preferences (Einstellungen) > Play (Wiedergabe)"

"Audiowiedergabe mit:" from "Windows Audio Session" to "Direct Sound".

And that did it! Now I can hear all music sources on my PC with the built-in speakers or

with the Bluetooth-headphone-speakers. This setting should be somewhere published.

Thanks a lot!

Hans M.

Music from iTunes cannot be heard via Bluetooth-headspeakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.