Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast app gone after getting iphone 6

So yesterday I got my new 6 and imported all my apps/contacts/etc via icloud. Everything worked except I got an error that the podcast app couldn't be imported (or something, i dont remember the exact error). I'm guessing maybe this is because the podcast app is already part of ios8 (i had ios7 on my old phone).

So now I don't have the podcast icon anywhere, I go into the app store and it just says "open podcasts", but it does nothing. I've looked at similar posts about changing the restrictions settings but that doesn't work. When I do a spotlight search it doesn't find the app. Am I out of luck? I really like the app

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:23 AM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2015 7:50 AM in response to scoob19

Howdy scoob19,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Since the Podcasts app is built-in to iOS 8, but it appears to be missing from your iPhone, I'd like you to please follow the directions below to reinstall iOS on the iPhone.

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Cheers,

Alex H.

Podcast app gone after getting iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.