Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Yahoo app generated mail passwords expire?

I enabled 2 step verification for Yahoo Mail and entered the app generated password. It works fine but in a few weeks IOS tells me I have to reenter my yahoo password. I cannot retrieve the generated password so I have to delete it, generate a new one, and then enter the new one into IOS. I thought app generated passwords don't expire like the old ones. Anyone know?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:46 AM

8 replies

Mar 31, 2015 5:38 AM in response to egruber

Have had the same problem for >12 months and have to renew the Y app PW fortnightly on the dot. Incredibly frustrating!

I did manage to find someone within Yahoo support to write. Unfortunately their response (after some deliberation of the issue) was that the issue lay with Apple.

😕

Needless to say, getting an answer through Apple has proven equally rewarding.....

Mar 31, 2015 8:56 AM in response to Theobeau

There is nothing in the mail app that would know anything about your password/security with Yahoo or any other mail provider. If this phone is tied to an employer they may have placed a profile of your iPhone that requires changing passwords but I've not seen that with a Yahoo account. I do agree with AmishCake that using the Yahoo mail app would be preferable and would test if Yahoo was actually telling you the truth. You do see complaints here about the mail app but that is normal as people come here with problems, people who have no issues with it (I don't) do not come here and post that it is working. Dumping Yahoo might also be a permanent solution to your problem.

Mar 31, 2015 9:04 AM in response to deggie

After pushing Yahoo support, this is what they said they did:

I performed an extensive analysis of your account data using several of the tools that we have available in our data analysis tool set. I am happy to inform you that I was able to identify and fix the prompted password issue affecting your account. The fix I performed required a re-synchronization of your account along with some other maintenance operations.

The problem with your account should now be resolved

It has improved since this fix. But this is all the details they provided.

Do Yahoo app generated mail passwords expire?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.