Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

samsung tv can not see the movie files on time capsule

i have

- a smart samsung tv UE46F7000

- airport time capsule

both are in the same network.

samsung tv can see all file that are on:

- windows pc folders

- ethernet hard disk (nas seagate)

but samsung tv does not see at all time capsule hard disk nor any of its folders nor any of its files.

i also called apple support but they said no support for samsung tv.

does anyone knows how i should set up the time capsule so that it can be seen from samsung tv?

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:26 PM

The TV is designed for DLNA.. Your windows computer and Seagate NAS both support DLNA.

Apple do not support DLNA.. not now and probably never.

Apple has built their own streaming architecture based around iTunes.. they will not change that..

If you want to use the TC to store movies.. get a WD live tv or any true media player. Not one dependent on DLNA.

If your TV can really see raw files.. (this would be a new feature)

You must setup the TC to use short names, no spaces and pure alphanumeric names and passwords.

Other than that I really do not have any suggestion.. !! Check your TV manual if it really support SMB without DLNA.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 2:26 PM in response to iblue (andrea)

The TV is designed for DLNA.. Your windows computer and Seagate NAS both support DLNA.

Apple do not support DLNA.. not now and probably never.

Apple has built their own streaming architecture based around iTunes.. they will not change that..

If you want to use the TC to store movies.. get a WD live tv or any true media player. Not one dependent on DLNA.

If your TV can really see raw files.. (this would be a new feature)

You must setup the TC to use short names, no spaces and pure alphanumeric names and passwords.

Other than that I really do not have any suggestion.. !! Check your TV manual if it really support SMB without DLNA.

samsung tv can not see the movie files on time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.