Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Compressor 4.13 plug-ins Missing!

I have Compressor 4.13 and FCPX 10.1.4 and I was trying to export a video in MXF through Compressor, but although the Setting for the different frame rates/sizes of MXF appear on Compressor, when I select a Compressor Setting, on the tools box it says "Missing Compressor Plug-In". All the other plug ins work, except the MXF. I reinstalled the Pro Video Formats 2.0, rebooted the computer and nothing. Any help on how can I make MXF export work out of Compressor?

Nuno

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:21 AM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2015 2:10 PM in response to nmfb

I've run this installation, too, and MXF is not available in Compressor. Haven't tried it in FCPX. Can't restart my Mac till oafter I get a bunch of stuff out of the way today. Hope you get better advice meantime.

Here's the Apple info from

Pro Video Formats 2.0

User uploaded file

Pro Video Formats 2.0

:

This update includes support for the following professional video codecs:
• Apple Intermediate Codec
• Apple ProRes
• AVC-Intra
• DVCPRO HD
• HDV
• XDCAM EX / HD / HD422
• MPEG IMX
• Uncompressed 4:2:2

This update also adds the following MXF support:
• Native import, edit, and share of MXF files with Final Cut Pro X and Motion
• MXF share presets for Compressor
• MXF OP1a export

Mar 5, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the info but it didn't help me. I already see it as a group in the Custom section.

There's a MXF group then inside it shows different settings for different sizes and frame rates BUT for each set there's an error sign with the message: Missing Compressor Plug-In. See photo attached.

User uploaded file

Mar 5, 2015 2:51 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes they are. The settings are their. The settings appear in Compressor. The settings are not missing, but the plug in that is called by the setting.

The problem is that whenI choose a MXF setting I want (any MXF setting) it seems the plug in is missing - see the image on the last post. I just reinstalled the error still there.

Nuno

Apple Compressor 4.13 plug-ins Missing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.