Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI AFTER UPDATING TO IOS 8.1.3

I recently updated my ipod touch to ios 8.1.3. after which it stopped connecting to my wifi device saying password is incorrect. Needless to say password was correct and other devices were connecting fine. I restarted device, tried connecting it with other wifi devices (it didnt connect to other devices either) , i reset network setting , erased all contents and reset setting and finally restored ipod to factory setting using itunes but problem is still persisting.. Now I have an ipod without wifi which is pretty useless. Need your help in this regard

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:29 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 11:02 AM in response to armoghan89

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? If yes that tends to indicate a problem with your network.

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

IPOD NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI AFTER UPDATING TO IOS 8.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.