Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading multiple iPhoto libraries to new iCloud Photos

I've used iPhoto for 10 years, and have multiple iPhoto libraries in order to manage the size and performance within iPhoto.

I'd love to try out the new beta of Photos, and keep everything in the cloud - but I'm unsure if I'll be able to upload all of the libraries to iCloud. Currently, iCloud / photo stream will only sync and work with one library. I also read somewhere that once you make the switch, you cannot access iPhoto again.

I'm just wanting some assurances that I can get all 4-5 photo libaries uploaded with no issues. Thanks.

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:56 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 11:33 AM in response to jdpeif

I also read somewhere that once you make the switch, you cannot access iPhoto again.

This, as of the current betas, is not true.

However, Photos will only work with one Library in the Cloud. So if you want to upload them all then you'll need to merge them into one first.

If you have Aperture 3.3 or later and iPhoto 9.3 or later you can merge libraries with Aperture.

Otherwise the only way to merge Libraries is with the paid ($20) version of iPhoto Library Manager

Remember this is beta software. It may change so be sure to have a solid up-to-date back up.

Uploading multiple iPhoto libraries to new iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.