Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I share contacts between iMac and macbook

How do I share "contacts" between iMac and macbook?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), need to share contact with Macbook

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:35 AM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Prousa

Hey Prousa,

You can easily do that with iCloud. You can have the contacts sync up between your iMac and MacBook as long as you are running OS X 10.7.5 or later and have iCloud Contacts turned on. Take a look at the articles below to go over system requirements and making sure that the syncing feature for Contacts is turned on.

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2613

System requirements for iCloud

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204230

Take care,

-Norm G.

Mar 7, 2015 8:23 AM in response to norm123

Thank you Norm for your effort. But before I pursue further I would like to share something with you which is not as clear cut or simple as stated.

1) I have multiple email accounts in multiple IOS devices including my iMac. The objective is to share my Apple contact with my wife's apple Macbook contacts.

2) we tried to share that and ran into a problem whereby Her contacts are not seeing "notes" in my contact that I sent?

3) she has yahoo and I use both gmail and aol with different contacts from many different sources such as Facebook, gmail, aol, icloud and finally "all contacts." We can not pinpoint the problem why her macbook contact can not see any "notes" in my contacts that I share with her??

4) her MacBook is 2008 and my iMac is 2009.

5) I know gmail is compatible , format wise, cvs verses VCard . However, there is not format prompt when we share contacts nor if I know which format that I'm sending comes from which source of contacts to determine the format type.... There ough to be a standard or interchangeable format in this complex industry of ours.... 🙂 Tim Cook... You are a master of sync, unfortunately, you have left out a can of worms out there and they are disrupting features of beloved Apple !!

bottomline is I'm not sure which contacts, Facebook, icloud, gmail or "all contacts" etc etc is not compatible with her contact format even both are Appleprodu t?

how do I share contacts between iMac and macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.