Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch music exclamation mark

I have a 5th gen iPod Touch with the latest iOS. This morning when I went to work, I wanted to listen to some music and the iPod said, there is no music at all on my iPod. This happened previously one or two times, I got a bit angry, but I restored my iPod and put some music back. (I ALWAYS MANAGE MY MUSIC MANUALLY)

Today, when I got to my workplace, I connected the iPod to my laptop and all the songs where visible. As I clicked on them, one by one, the well known exclamation marks appeared. I got really angry and restored my iPod, I gave up on fixing the problem and I rather put new music on it, just so it works.

So I restored the iPod, put music on it. When I checked that all the music is uploaded, there where some songs in grey, with the dotted circle where the exclamation mark was before. I searched for these songs manually, dragged them to the iPod and the dotted circle filled up with grey colour clockwise and they where there as the other tracks.

Then when I was coming home and wanted to listen to my iPod, only those songs where on it, that I manually pulled one by one, which had the dotted circle next to them previously.

Now I am home, connected the iPod and all the songs have the exclamation mark except the few which has been carefully added later because they had the dotted circle around them.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 11:40 AM

2 replies

iPod touch music exclamation mark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.