Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my iBook G4 run Leopard?

I have an old version of 10.5 Leopard, and i was wondering if it will run on my iBook G4 800 MHz PowerPC G4 384 MB DDR SDRAM

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 11:38 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 7:45 PM in response to Matthewlopez

While there is a way (or two) which may allow Leopard 10.5 to run in your CPU spec

challenged iBook G4 800MHz computer, Leopard 10.5 generally will run slower than

Tiger, even with a full complement of RAM upgrade supported by the computer...

For the most part Tiger 10.4.11 was one of the finest Apple Mac OS X systems;

by some estimation perhaps it's one of the top three systems produced by Apple.

{I have a last model iBook G4 12-inch 1.33GHz that shipped with Tiger 10.4, and

it does not use Leopard 10.5.8 very well. And Leopard is clumsy, too. I will revert.}

However the stable and easy to use 10.4 system version last build is, about all that

is currently updated for use with it, is a TenFourFox browser; note version number.

No later Adobe Flash update, no support, & so on. Vintage applications run well.

You may need to seek out a fair condition MacBook that supports Snow Leopard 10.6

to be able to experience one of the other great Apple OS X systems. The MacBook

series ran from 2006 to 2010; and does not include the /Pro or /Air version MB series.

Hopefully you can purpose the 800MHz iBook G4 for useful tasks... to keep him busy.🙂

Can my iBook G4 run Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.