Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id password does not work on iphone or icloud

I am about to lose my mind. My text messages aren't being received, I cannot log in to app store on my iPhone because it does not recognize my password, even though the SAME password words with all Apple applications on my computer, iTunes, etc. What can I do??

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:25 PM

Did you change the password recently? If so you must log on of all of your accounts on the iPhone, then log in with the new password.

The other possibility is you have 2 factor authentication enabled. If you do you will have to generate application-specific passwords for iMessage and FaceTime. You should not need to do this for the iTunes & App stores.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 1:25 PM in response to spwmemorex

Did you change the password recently? If so you must log on of all of your accounts on the iPhone, then log in with the new password.

The other possibility is you have 2 factor authentication enabled. If you do you will have to generate application-specific passwords for iMessage and FaceTime. You should not need to do this for the iTunes & App stores.

Apple id password does not work on iphone or icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.