Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Last poster has appeared!

Thanks ASC team, the last person making a post has appeared!

My iDevice was automatically added too!

Took 9 months. About par I guess.

I'll need to look around in the data to see if the original poster is available too.

User uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, null

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 2:00 PM

27 replies

Mar 5, 2015 5:16 PM in response to rccharles

If I am not mistaken (and I'm not) - these latest activity (right) and "in suschAnSuch by {AID} " were the same == the OP ==

Still the same, but now last poster! Progress = 1 step forward & two steps back - this time walking backwards! I like last poster and kinda could care less (mostly) who the OP was

Right column needs to stay as is and under the title needs OP.

Good eye, Roberto!

buenos noches, amigo

ÇÇÇ

Mar 5, 2015 6:03 PM in response to rccharles

rccharles wrote:

Thanks ASC team, the last person making a post has appeared!

Took 9 months. About par I guess.

Robert

Are you really thinkin that the Team has rolled out an UpGrade/UpDate or just fixed (1/2 way) the Last Poster?

Whaddya know... All Activity is working where 'twas intermittently tolerable. My email notices were fixed a few days ago - I had a Host Ticket # for a few weeks - and they were typically close to the vest about the details of the fix (part of a major fix rollout?)

I have forgotten some, but keep an eye peeled for "phantom posts" (lack thereof), missing images for some not others in the same thread, ... memory fails.

ÇÇÇ

Mar 5, 2015 6:31 PM in response to rccharles

I just noticed that too. I updated ASCPowerTools to remove the "Started " text I had added to clarify. Clarification no longer needed.

I'm sorry - you two aren't in the Lounge yet. Here is the link: http://www.etresoft.com/ascpowertools

...and the disclaimer: Although ASCPowerTools is free, there are other links on my site that could give me some form of compensation, financial or otherwise.

Mar 5, 2015 7:18 PM in response to rccharles

rccharles wrote:

Are you sure you an that one as Default?

User uploaded filewhat's the deal with "null"?

-------

Maybe someone knows what these things are/do?

-------

How can one make use of these? Baffling

User uploaded file

click one &

User uploaded file

-----

And this means? Perplexing...

User uploaded file

BTW, this used to be EMPTY. I did NOTHING that I know of... Click edit >

User uploaded file

------

and this?

------

What's a "Comment" ?? Where would I see one? Is this as "Activity Stream" setting?

User uploaded file

------

Where would I BE visible?

-------

User uploaded file

======

Unusable tools -- tools we really need are redacted or "closely held secrets"

--------

This

User uploaded file is to "Advanced Editor" / "Simple Editor" as this

User uploaded fileis to "HTML toggle mode"

I REALLY want to be in advanced tools all the time but DO NOT want to be OUT of thread view to use it!!

I weary

ÇÇÇ

Mar 6, 2015 2:52 AM in response to rccharles

For clarity the last poster information may only be visible if running ASCPowerTools or a CSS tweak such as mine.

For my part I use a Chrome extension called Stylish with the following CSS adjustments.

.j-td-title strong {color: #FF00FF;} /* Updated content in pink! */

td.j-td-date > span {display : inherit !important;} /* Display extra information */

Which goes from this:

User uploaded file

to this:

User uploaded file

I choose pink by accident when looking for something to make the bold stand out a little more, and I've ended up sticking with it.

tt2

Mar 6, 2015 7:09 AM in response to turingtest2

Good Morning tt2 !!

To clarify... you use ONLY your color tweak (the one we corresponded about a while ago) NOT the Full CSS from the User Tip Stylish | Adjust the format and layout of ASC Web Pages | Apple Support Communities ??

If so, that means that nothing in either CSS is at all responsible for the "Last Poster" vs. "Original Poster" = all Apple source code. (Makes me wish I had saved just one thread page as HTML!)

With a WayBack Machine Thread page (pain to find?) vs. today's version of it, could one figure out where the LP & OP lines are and tweak again so that we get both?

⬇ ORIGINAL POSTER in this column married to the Title ?? ⬇

User uploaded file

Mar 6, 2015 7:36 AM in response to turingtest2

This one either slipped right by me (likely) or I have never seen it... so, intermittently? one might see:

• CHITLINSCC rather than
    • ChitlinsCC
    • ????????
  • OR
    • BOBSEUFERT vs.
    • bobseufert

??

Your script implies that somewhere - somehow an opposite script snuck its way in uninvited to the party? That further implies the bob's Theory of JiveWare Has Become *A*ware and has a sense of humor to boot has legs?

ÇÇÇ

Mar 6, 2015 7:50 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

I'm now using these three lines:

.j-td-title strong {color: #FF00FF;} /* Updated content in pink! */

td.j-td-date > span {display : inherit !important;} /* Display extra information */

.jive-username-link {text-transform: none !important;) /* Remove username capitalization */

I'm not interested in all of the other tweaks that rearrange the layout.

In some views it makes the last poster appear twice, but it also makes the last poster appear in views where it otherwise doesn't appear. I cannot eliminate the redundancy since the same classes are being used in both places. As you surmise what has changed is that the source data for the page now includes the last poster instead of the original poster, whereas back in the day both bits of information were there for each thread. Still last poster is often more useful than original poster.

tt2

Mar 6, 2015 8:05 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

ChitlinsCC wrote:

This one either slipped right by me (likely) or I have never seen it... so, intermittently? one might see:

• CHITLINSCC rather than
    • ChitlinsCC
    • ????????
  • OR
    • BOBSEUFERT vs.
    • bobseufert

??

Your script implies that somewhere - somehow an opposite script snuck its way in uninvited to the party? That further implies the bob's Theory of JiveWare Has Become *A*ware and has a sense of humor to boot has legs?

ÇÇÇ

This block comes from theme.css, which is ASC's CSS for the page.

.j-browse-details-tbody .j-browse-content-location {

text-transform: capitalize;

font-size: 12px;

color: #666;

}

The text-transform: capitalize; bit converts turingtest2 into Turingtest2, my CSS overrides that so the uncapitalised version is shown.

tt2

Last poster has appeared!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.