Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP retina screen replacement cost

Today could possibly be the worst day ever, I opened my MacBook pro (top range, bought only in October 2014) and there a crack in the bottom right of the screen (effecting the screen with unsightly horizontal lines across the entire screen. What's worse I'm a freelance graphic designer, and this laptop is my only source of income!

I immediatly googled as to how this could have occured (I treat my laptop like a child) but no luck. I went to the Apple Store immediatly only to be told I have to wait a week for an available slot. I pleaded and explained but they were in no way accommodating (guess its not their fault).

After more searching I learnt apple aren't so lenient with screen repairs and most cases customers have to pay for a replacement. I'm trying to find out roughly how much this would cost but there seems to be no resources online to help (least uk versions). I want to contact my insurance and see if they would cover the cost.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 11:46 AM

Look at the iFixit.com and Powerbookmedic.com websites for parts and prices. That should give you an idea what amounts you are dealing with.

Ciao.

6 replies

MBP retina screen replacement cost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.