Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uconnect Highjacks Audible Text Notifications

Just bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler with Uconnect 430N system. Paired my iPhone 5s running 8.13. Phone calls are fine. However if I receive a text, my phone only vibrates while I'm driving and I have no idea I received a text unless I physically check the phone or feel the vibration. Somehow Uconnect highjacks the audible sounds associated with my texts on my phone.

I know iPhone is not compatible with on-screen text receiving, but it shouldn't shut off my sounds on my phone. Oddly enough, the Uconnect radio in my wife's 2010 Liberty doesn't highjack these notifications.

A call to Uconnect was worthless. They said there is no support for my 8.1.3 OS yet but it would just magically appear at some point without downloading it. There was no clue as to why the phone notifications work in a 5-year-old Uconnect system.

I have selected the "Show Notifications" switch on my phone within the Bluetooth\Uconnect pairing.

What else can I try?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:29 PM

You could try ignoring texts while driving. For my safety, if not for yours.

7 replies

Mar 7, 2015 8:17 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

From what I understand from the Jeep Forum community, this is an Apple issue that doesn't allow audible notifications when hooked up to a bluetooth car radio. It also doesn't allow for the texts to be read aloud or visually read on the radio screen as they come in. So, until Apple addresses this issue iPhone users just have to feel the vibration to know when a text comes in.

Mar 7, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Well, just like I said in my original question, it works in my wife's 2010 Jeep Liberty too. But not in my 2015 Jeep Wrangler with the 430N radio. And since Uconnect customer support is blowing me off, I have to resort to asking questions on forums. So far you're the only one who has even responded at all from the Apple community. Pretty sad.

Oct 17, 2015 2:10 PM in response to expc75

Try the A2DPblocker app. It will not solve all of your issues but it will allow text and email alerts to be routed to the phone speaker while still allowing phone calls. One of the settings will allow all phone sounds including music to play through Uconnect. Again this is not a fix all but I use it to block uconnect from hijacking the alerts. At least now I can hear when a text or email comes in. It will also allow icon next to access Siri voice to text etc. I have also done the uconnect upgrade listed on the wrangler forum. This may be the only way to get Siri to work through uconnect. Good luck.

Uconnect Highjacks Audible Text Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.