Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes songs not playing complete album

I have some albums which i have purchased on iTunes using my iPhone which do not have all of the songs for the album when viewed on my mac. E.G. I have one third of the Live Lounge Album. The other songs are there but only play the preview, however when I go to the iTunes Store it states the complete album is purchased and will not let me reinstate it. what do i do?

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 11:23 AM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2015 9:21 AM in response to matthewt82

Hello matthewt82,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that some of the songs in a purchased album are not playing all the way through. To help resolve this issue I'd like you to please delete the songs from your Mac, and then download them again from your previous purchases list.

Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the Library pop-up menu, choose Music.
  3. Click Songs in the navigation bar.
  4. Click the song you want to delete.
  5. Press Delete on your keyboard.

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store - Apple Support

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

iTunes songs not playing complete album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.