Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XML from FCP X 10.1.4 won't open in Logic Pro X 10.1.1?

Hi, I've exported an XML of an edited project in FCP X (10.1.4) and am trying to import this to Logic Pro X 10.1.1. I have looked at various tutorials online and also searched through documentation and other support forums, and cannot find a mention of this issue.

I've created (and tried to re-create to see if this was the problem) a FCPX XML export. Then I've tried to use the import command in logic and also just right-clicking the XML file and telling it to open in logic. The program shows a progress bar, this ends after a few seconds, and then absolutely nothing has been imported. I've been hunting for a solution for a few hours, but would love some help to get this to work! Because the right-click option gave me a choice, I've also tried opening the xml file in Logic 10.0.7, which didn't work either.

I am running 10.9.5. Upgrading to Yosemite is about the only thing I can think of to try and see if that helps.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:23 PM

1 reply

XML from FCP X 10.1.4 won't open in Logic Pro X 10.1.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.