Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to connect to airport express without needing internet (for wifi remote)

I am hooking up the Mackie DL 806 mixing console. my airport only works if i first have a internet connection. after I disconnect the internet it still works. I need it to work no matter what in a non internet environment

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:25 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2015 3:31 PM in response to nicandmac

nicandmac wrote:

I am hooking up the Mackie DL 806 mixing console. my airport only works if i first have a internet connection. after I disconnect the internet it still works. I need it to work no matter what in a non internet environment

I am trying to understand this.. it sounds like you have it setup in bridge mode.. so it must get an IP from the main router to begin working.

The Airport can work with or without internet.. but it needs to be in router mode to pass IP addresses.. and it will give errors which you must ignore.

It is possible also to setup in static IP mode.. but you will still need to ignore errors.

However to really help I need the whole setup.. I need to know if you are using the wireless in a secondary IP network from internet which is also running.. and if so what IP address ranges are being used.

In other words tell me the entire setup.. what is the main router.. ?? What are the clients? How are they going to connect to the express when there is no internet??

how to connect to airport express without needing internet (for wifi remote)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.