Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mobile service doesn't work

hi,

from some reason when I plug my iphone 6 to my computer, I get this message-"Apple mobile device service could not be started because an unknown error occurred (1058)".and then I get a follow up message-"this iphone cannot be used because the apple mobile device service is not started".

I followed the orders in the website how to start the apple mobile service, but I get this message-"the apple mobile device service on local computer started and then stopped.some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs".

I tried again and again to start the apple mobile service but it's just stop in the middle and I get this message. I reinstalled itunes twice but it's still doesn't work.

please help me I'm desperate!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 9:40 AM

Hey oommeerr,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your iPhone not being seen in iTunes because of the Apple Mobile Device not working. When you reinstalled iTunes, did you uninstall iTunes first? Take a look at the article below and uninstall iTunes and its associating software in the order that it lists and then reinstall iTunes. Let me know if this works out for you.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

Take care,

-Norm G.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2015 9:40 AM in response to oommeerr

Hey oommeerr,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your iPhone not being seen in iTunes because of the Apple Mobile Device not working. When you reinstalled iTunes, did you uninstall iTunes first? Take a look at the article below and uninstall iTunes and its associating software in the order that it lists and then reinstall iTunes. Let me know if this works out for you.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

Take care,

-Norm G.

apple mobile service doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.