Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

plug ins cause crash

It appears that FCPX does not like audio many plugins that are 64 bit and fine in Logic X. This is a fairly giant bug, as it is necessary to drag all plugins out of the Components folder, then delete them (as they "copy" - not "move") each time you use FCPX, but drag them back in when you're on Logic X.

Not the best thing really. Any workarounds that are less frustrating? I've reported it as a bug - but that was a couple of iterations ago, and nothing as yet - who knows?

d

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:22 PM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 12:15 AM in response to BenB

Thanks for replying!

Absynth, Altiverb, Amplitube, Aria, Blue, Character, Haloverb, Ivory, Kontakt, Lounge Lizard, Melodyne, several Metric Halo plugs (all 64 bit), Omnisphere, Predator, Predator FX, Focusrite Red Suite & Scarlett Suite, Sforzando, Stylus, T-Racks Suite, Transient, Trilian, UVI Workstation.

Also Sonnox Oxford plug ins, but FCPX spots these and warns. I've removed just them, but to no avail, so now I drag everything - it's actually quicker than testing each one, as once I know what plug ins are causing it, I'll still need to bin them for FCPX and restore them for Logic.

I get that manufacturers have coding to do - but if it works with Logic, FCPX should handle audio plug ins the same way - if not, give it a different ruddy folder!

plug ins cause crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.