Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I permanently delete music from iCloud?

I just got an iPhone 6 and was able to get my music from my old iPod 4 onto it. When I went to look at my music, there were about 6 (more or less) songs from the same album that I never purchased or downloaded, so I have no idea how they got there. That is one thing that confuses me. Another is that when I checked my music on my iPod, those songs weren't there. Yet they were still on my phone. I tried deleting them, but it showed that they were still saved in iCloud. Since I never downloaded them in the first place, I dont want them at all. So, how am I supposed to permanently delete them from iCloud?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:47 PM

Hi Jessica,

I found an article how you could do that on iTunes: iTunes Store: How to delete songs from iCloud - Apple Support and another blog post on this issue: http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/delete-phantom-icloud-songs-your-iphone-015457 5/

Give it a try.

With kind regards,

David

3 replies

How do I permanently delete music from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.