Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eclipse Luna doesn't working properly with JDK8 in Yosemite

I was using the Apple's official JDK6 version with Eclipse Luna in OS X Yosemite. After I read that both Luna and Yosemite are compatible with Java 8, I decided to install the last version of jdk8 (update 31). However, Eclipse Luna didn't work properly. For example, when I tried to open the New Project dialog, nothing happened.

I gave the output when I tried to run Eclipse from the Terminal below. What could be the problem?

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized. Will retry after the state location is initialized.

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Logback config file: /Users/username/Documents/Tests/Workspace Test 1/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration/logback.1.5.0.201406 06-0033.xml

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Initializing logback

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxConfiguration$1 cannot be cast to java.lang.String

at org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration.LogHelper.logJavaProperties(LogHelper.jav a:26)

at org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration.LogPlugin.loadConfiguration(LogPlugin.jav a:189)

at org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration.LogPlugin.configureLogback(LogPlugin.java :144)

at org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration.LogPlugin.access$2(LogPlugin.java:107)

at org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration.LogPlugin$1.run(LogPlugin.java:62)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 1:23 PM

2 replies

Eclipse Luna doesn't working properly with JDK8 in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.