Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quarter fold card template for pages

I've just bought a mac mini and love it.

I'm still moving over from MS products to Apple and it's going pretty well apart from MS Publisher.

This still seems to be better at certain things than Pages.

One issue is the lack of templates for cards in particular.

Does anyone know where i can get hold of a quarter fold card template for Pages?

I did see one but it was for Pages 09 and version 5.5.2 doesn't seem to open it.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 12:21 PM

You can use a free Avery for MS Word Greeting Card. Click the Template Only (works with PC and Mac) radio button, and then download. Open in Pages v5.5.2, and first save as a Pages document in your Documents folder. Set the font, etc. to what you want in your Quarter-fold card template. Once you have done that, from the File menu, select Save as Template, and give it a name. While you are there, observe what a right-click on the template name presents in a pop-up menu.

When you open Pages without specifying a document, it will default to a Template Chooser. Your Quarter-fold template is parked in the User Templates category.

Pages v5.5.2 is not designed to compete as a true Desktop Publishing/Layout application. If you want to open Publisher documents on the Mac, get a free copy of LibreOffice, which will open them. Since it is not Publisher itself, your mileage will vary on layout accuracy. The LibreOffice PDF documentation is available, and created with LibreOffice. Since this is a superset, MS Office replacement package, there is a forms designer in the Writer application, and the ability to open PDF and edit them also exists. There is also complete Visio support from the first version to the latest.

When you first launch LibreOffice, you must click the open button in the initial dialog, and afterwards, a double-click will open it normally. This will be true for any Mac applications obtained outside the OS X App Store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 12:21 PM in response to WillEmzo

You can use a free Avery for MS Word Greeting Card. Click the Template Only (works with PC and Mac) radio button, and then download. Open in Pages v5.5.2, and first save as a Pages document in your Documents folder. Set the font, etc. to what you want in your Quarter-fold card template. Once you have done that, from the File menu, select Save as Template, and give it a name. While you are there, observe what a right-click on the template name presents in a pop-up menu.

When you open Pages without specifying a document, it will default to a Template Chooser. Your Quarter-fold template is parked in the User Templates category.

Pages v5.5.2 is not designed to compete as a true Desktop Publishing/Layout application. If you want to open Publisher documents on the Mac, get a free copy of LibreOffice, which will open them. Since it is not Publisher itself, your mileage will vary on layout accuracy. The LibreOffice PDF documentation is available, and created with LibreOffice. Since this is a superset, MS Office replacement package, there is a forms designer in the Writer application, and the ability to open PDF and edit them also exists. There is also complete Visio support from the first version to the latest.

When you first launch LibreOffice, you must click the open button in the initial dialog, and afterwards, a double-click will open it normally. This will be true for any Mac applications obtained outside the OS X App Store.

Mar 5, 2015 12:38 PM in response to WillEmzo

While someone will quickly tell you how to create a template in Pages old and new....

In the meantime, I use Publisher occasionally but use Parallels to run Windows to open the MS Publisher program. It is not my preferred approach.

However, I found out via a poster here that the open source application LibreOffice will open and handle Publisher . And it does that quite well.

You might consider that option. At the very least, you can import your Publisher files and use them.

http://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/

Version: 4.4.0.3

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_ Office

Edit

VikingOSXalready gave an answer while I was typing🙂

Quarter fold card template for pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.